Publishers Weekly recently gave EL GAVILAN by Craig McDonald (Edgar Award finalist) a starred review in their October 3rd issue. “As sobering and as urgent as tomorrow’s headlines, this searing novel by Edgar-finalist McDonald traces the struggle of the residents … Read more
- Shedding Skin by Robert Ward is New, FREE Tyrus eBook Download
- Publishers Weekly Gives HURT MACHINE a Starred Review
- New FREE Tyrus eBook Download: In the Light of You
- Scott O’Connor’s UNTOUCHABLE FREE Through Sunday
- The Wind Knot is FREE right now for you.
- AARP features Screams & Whispers in Booklist for Boomers Guide
- Innoncent Monster FREE right now for your Kindle
The Four That Got Me Here
Elyse Dinh-McCrillis is a freelance writer/editor at Pop Culture Nerd and The Edit Ninja. She also co-authored Mystery Times Ten 2011. She recently used her amateur sleuthing skills to recover a friend’s lost set of keys (which had been stolen … Read more
And Then There Were None
And Then There Were None taught me to always suspect the least suspicious character…
The Complete Sherlock Holmes
These titles form the foundation of my love for crime fiction and noir in particular. I found Sherlock Holmes in the summer between seventh and eighth grade and spent many hot days indoors with my nose crammed in the omnibus when I should have been outside jumping over sprinklers or doing the Slip ‘n’ Slide. I aspired to be smart like Holmes (I played the violin but never took up cocaine) and those tales helped sharpen my skills of observation.
Phantom Lady and The Bride Wore Black
The Woolrich novels showed me that women can be just as dangerous as men and that endings can always twist one more time after you think you’ve got it figured out.